Was browsing Facebook today when the photo below appeared in the one of the discussion groups.
Michele Bachman is a person that many of the Left love to hate. She is to the Left what Nancy Pelosi is to the Right. Not even Sarah Palin attracts the venom that Bachman can.
Bottomline: the verbage of the poster may have merit but use of the NAZI flag does not. Michele Bachman is not a NAZI and despite any strong views that she may hold on a variety of issues does not appear to sympathize in any way with NAZI beliefs.
- Bachman does have a legal stake (25%) in the ownership of the family farm, legally known as the Bachmann Farm Family Limited Partnership. Bachmann’s family farm received $251,973 in federal subsidies between 1995 and 2006. The farm had been managed by Bachmann’s recently deceased father-in-law and took in roughly $20,000 in 2006 and $28,000 in 2005, with the bulk of the subsidies going to dairy and corn. (Source: Politico.com et al)
I have tried to verify whether the farm subsidies continue since 2006 but am unable to determine this.
Republican Representative Bachman seems not be alone in this. The four largest recipients of similar agricultural farm aid are also Republicans.
- 1. 3rd district of Nebraska (Rep. Adrian Smith – Republican)
2. 1st district of Kansas (Rep. Jerry Moran – Republican)
3. 4th district of Iowa (Rep. Tom Latham – Republican)
4. 9th district of Texas (Rep. Randy Neugebauer – Republican)
The Libertarian Cato Insitute calls agricultural subsidies: “Farm subsidies are welfare for the well–to–do.”
Learn more about who is getting rich off of not growing food in exchange for $$.
This story is from AmericanWingnuts.com — a collection of news and notes about extremism of both Left and Right. Send your examples of Left or Right wingnuttery to Bill@Bill4DogCatcher.com — please send source references that would appear to back up any claims.